Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious is there anyway people can scam u through pay pal? Like if the person already transfer u the money is there way they can take the money back from u? I know this might be a dump question but i just wanna make sure.

PS: I'm not dealing with anyone from our my.is community so just to let u all know.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
I'm just curious is there anyway people can scam u through pay pal? Like if the person already transfer u the money is there way they can take the money back from u? I know this might be a dump question but i just wanna make sure.

PS: I'm not dealing with anyone from our my.is community so just to let u all know.
No, once the money transfer has occured there is not way that they can reverse the transaction. Paypal is a secured website and they overlook almost every transactions. If you have any concerns with any transaction via Paypal you should contact Paypal directly.

and yes I am khmer :LOL:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
The one thing you shouldn't ever do is

1. ship before an E-check clears

They can cancel the check before it clears and if you have shipped already then your assed out. I made that mistake before and won't ever do it again.

D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Also one small note that hasn't been state if you do not accept a payment it can be canceled so make sure you accept before shipping.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Also one small note that hasn't been state if you do not accept a payment it can be canceled so make sure you accept before shipping.
or don't ship until payment clears?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Paypal can reverse the payment

IF:
1. The funds were paid via credit card and the buyer files a complaint with the CC company.

2. If you don't ship to the Confirmed "ship to" address, you're not covered by the sellers protection.

3. Ship with tracking and SIGNATURE REQUIRED. (If shipping USPS get insurance, since the receiver has to sign for it. upto $50 is same price as the signature confirmation so it's better to just get it insured.)

4. Wait until an E-Check Clears and make sure to ship to a confirmed ship to address.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Well lol funny story, when i used to play this "online game" people went crazy for that game money. So a site organized people that you could sell game money for real money trough paypal. Now this was ofcourse at your own risk, So put desperate game nerds, no tracking number, fake item, and you got a problem lol so to ended quick, if you are sending a package without tracking you would definitely be at risk. Someone send me $1000 for retarded game money, but since there is no prove of anything they asked their money back lying about the original trade and Whualla pay pal gives them bastards their money back. So as long as you take your own precautions as a seller than no they cant take their money back, but its annoying to deal with the whole claiming money back process.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
lol ^ what game are u talking about..what the

luckily i dodged one bullet..the paypal address wasn't confirmed!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Rath man, i already told you paypal is safe lol, once the money gets into your paypal account they cant do anything to take it back, unless they claim that they never received it, if your shipping it, like i told you before keep an eye on the tracking #, and have the shipper have whoever your sending it to sign for it, if they sign for it, the name of the person who signed for it will show up on the tracking number also stating that it was delivered

edit: and if somehow he does scam you, you got his address, me and you lets take a trip down there haha

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
No, once the money transfer has occured there is not way that they can reverse the transaction. Paypal is a secured website and they overlook almost every transactions. If you have any concerns with any transaction via Paypal you should contact Paypal directly.

and yes I am khmer :LOL:
:lol:
i'm thai :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Like isekii said, make sure the funding source is CC and NOT your bank account. Because if it's linked to your bank account, good luck getting it reversed. It is also stated in the sticky:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i was scammed thru a fake pay pal before.. i was selling a watch and ended up getting hustled.. the buyer had made up a fake paypal address and everything and i even got a email sayin that the money was in my account which i believed.. so i sent out the watch and when i went to go get money out my account it wasnt there.. i thought maybe hte money didnt clear or nething and i figured it wasnt a scam due to the fact that it said pay pal and everything all over the page. but after a week of no money i called paypal and explained to them and thats when they told me that it was a scam and that i had gotten scammed.. i was pretty upset due to the watch that it was a almost brand new movado watch valued at 900 bucks... when dealing with sales over the internet you have to be VERY VERY careful..

·
Registered
197 Posts
i was scammed thru a fake pay pal before.. i was selling a watch and ended up getting hustled.. the buyer had made up a fake paypal address and everything and i even got a email sayin that the money was in my account which i believed.. so i sent out the watch and when i went to go get money out my account it wasnt there.. i thought maybe hte money didnt clear or nething and i figured it wasnt a scam due to the fact that it said pay pal and everything all over the page. but after a week of no money i called paypal and explained to them and thats when they told me that it was a scam and that i had gotten scammed.. i was pretty upset due to the watch that it was a almost brand new movado watch valued at 900 bucks... when dealing with sales over the internet you have to be VERY VERY careful..
Yes exactly. This goes not only for PayPal, but any site you go on. ALWAYS look at the URL address bar and make sure the address is from the site. Most people just assume if it looks like it, then it's the correct site.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yea it was funny cuz the page that i was scammed from looked exactly like paypal.. i wish i still had it saved on my computer of what it looked like i would post it up... i look around on my computer to see if i still have it so i can help others out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
im khmer too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts