Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have already read I have embarked on a Sportcross turbo project and plan to do it 100% cel free to pass Illinois OBD2 emissions.

Here is the list of item I will be using.

XS Power New 2016 Turbo kit
Emanage Ultimate
440CC Denso injectors (From 02-05 WRX) These are 100% plug and play you just have to remove the 3 plastic spacers on the injector rail
255 Fuel Pump

Obviously the tune will have a major role in achieving that and once its perfect I will share it for everyone to use.

The trick here is to keep things as much stock as possible mechanical wise though and Im going to start with the o2 sensor placement. Now the general practice is to place B1S1 in the first spot on the down-pipe and splice it with B2S1. I have read mixed things about this and would rather give OEM placement a go before I have to go to that. Once B1S1 and B2S1 are in the manifold i will place B1S2 in the second spot on the down-pipe with o2 fouler and B2S2 in the mid-pipe with o2 fouler as well. This should work considering everyone does it with headers and works perfect. Since both banks read a bit different and the ECU looks for this it will be better in the manifold

Below are my ideas for the o2 sensor placement. Since so many of us started with headers im gonna try to keep the same idea with the tubular manifold. Also back in 2009 I was using a turbonetics kit with the log manifold which the o2 sensor were on the top, never had a single cel so I know this can work.I have mocked up how the kit will go into the car on my engine stand while my engine is at the machine shop getting the GTE treatment. This gives me a 98% idea how the down pipe and turbo will be clocked.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Now please be patient with me through this as it will more than likely be at lease a month and a half before I get to putting it in the car due to my engine builder being so jammed with work. But I promise I will make this happen and will share every detail. I just know alot are asking about the XS Power kit so I figure this would help others.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just passed emissions test with a single turbo GTE swap.
Stock is300 Ecu
jdm 440cc gte injectors
primary O2's spliced together about 16" from turbo
token solutions O2 sim
MAF ~stock distance from Throttle body

Used this to scale the MAF signal to prevent Bank 1 & 2 Rich Codes.

I still have the OEM fuel pump running full voltage from battery via a relay.
External AEM FPR running at a static ~32psi. (just for emissions....)

Only an OBD2 readiness test here. Can only have one monitor no ready, my evap wasn't ready, must be too cold.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Passing an OBD only emissions test is rather easy.

I know here in Maryland they could sniff if they suspect OBD doesn't suffice but that's up to the inspectors and with every compliant vehicle going through every 2 years they don't care.

So I guess you could say it depends on where you live but in general; no lights no problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't they do visual inspection too when smog in CA? How are they not going see that turbo... or am I wrong and they don't do inspection anymore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts