Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well check this out...

The "bad bulb" fires....but is a "bluer" color.......but I have a light on at least so I don't get pulled over!

Thanks...looks like there is a deal for a set of Phillips for $70 on eBizzle.....should work fine.

What's weird is this....:

It was super cold in Denver when the bulb wasn't working.....now that it's 55-60 out....it works. Goofy!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
It's known i believe that the bulb will turn dark and purplish at the end of their life. That's what our 1000 watt mercury vapor fixtures do at work and we change the bulb.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Check out ddmtuning.com. Their prices for replacement bulbs by far is the cheapest around. Ive had their bulbs installed for almost a month now. No complaints or anything. I think i paid around 40bucks shipped for BOTH bulbs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a quick way to test whether my stock ballast or bulb is going out.

I can "re-flip" my lights on and have the passenger HID bulb still light up. But after 1 minute, it "shuts" off.

Thanks so much..........sorry if this has been asked before, but I thought I'd ask really quickly so I can find out before I start buying parts.

Cheers.
I have the same problem. I replaced the balast (and paid for another bulb) for over $900) but then had exactly the same problem. Is there any place the service department can call to figure out what is going on before I have to spend another $900 for nothing.
John W. Aldis
[email protected]

21 - 26 of 26 Posts