Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st, of course, yes , I did search..

my problem is that the window came off the track? as in the window is in my backseat (one piece, thank god)... I took the door panel off, and tried to line it back up and reglue it with some sealant, and let it sit over night, and this morning when I went to roll down the window, and the window stood in place and I could hear the track going down...

This is the same window that originally had gotten replaced from my accident, and if I would have known of the stupid people at the dealership I would have went somewhere else.. I dont want to go back there in fear of them not knowing anything anyway.. can someone please shed some light onto this?!

Thank you..

·
Registered
905 Posts
So... the bracket at the bottom of the glass is off? What did u seal it with? Dont tell me regular silicone :suspiciou ...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well from what I can tell, the window slides into the 2 brackets?, but slips right back out when i move the window..

:-X I'm afraid to say what it was, but it starting to rain, and it was like 3am..

What should I use?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God I love this website..

so this girl above told me to call her, that she could help me..
turns out her parents own a glass shop...
IMAGINE THAT!
she gave me some really good advice..

Damn.. lol Thank u so much for helping me!!!!!

^_^ +rep!

·
Registered
905 Posts
God I love this website..

so this girl above told me to call her, that she could help me..
turns out her parents own a glass shop...
IMAGINE THAT!
she gave me some really good advice..

Damn.. lol Thank u so much for helping me!!!!!

^_^ +rep!
Your welcome ;) .... keep me posted .....feel free to call if anything else comes up...

·
Registered
373 Posts
So not to revive a dead thread, but my window came off trade and the clip part that holds the window and has a bolt hole is broken. Is this replaceable or do I need to replace the entire window?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts