Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i definitely want to go turbo soon, but i want to upgrade my tranny and a few other small things before I boost. Tell me if these all work with a kit or i would have to throw them out when i buy a kit.

-VB upgrade
-Torque Converter
-HKS Cam Gears
-(and most likely need a Trans Cooler)

So I already have a Axleback Carbon Ti, can i go boost without selling any of this?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes they'll work. and it's only one cam gear.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
aemjr said:
Yes they'll work. and it's only one cam gear.
depends if you want to keep the vvti or not.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've always said that for boosted applications standalones are the best way to go. I might warn you against safc or emanage. It'll save you headaches in the long run.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Depends on what type of power he wants to put down. If his looking for something around the 300rwhp mark then a e-manage is fine. No need for overkill.

·
Registered
820 Posts
^^ that too.

i just wanted a peace of mind. I'm not even boosted yet and already have the haltech :screwy:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im actually thinking a little more than 300rwhp, i'm going to most likely toyomoto becuase i live in FL and i'm going to be spending some bucks(so hopfully a lil more than 300rwhp).

boosted_4door said:
Depends on what type of power he wants to put down. If his looking for something around the 300rwhp mark then a e-manage is fine. No need for overkill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts