Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the part numbers for the front AND rear anti-squeal shims. These go between the pad and the piston. Need the number for the shims and the vented shims that you are supposed to grease up.

Thanks in advance. BTW these aren't listed in the PDF parts list that was posted on .net a long time ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody have info on this?

I changed my rotors and pads a few months ago (raceconcepts c/d + slotted and Axxis DeluxPlus).
Now they click as hell. Very noticable at low speed.
I think it might be the shims and clips.

BTW. Zinc platting is a joke. They rusted within a month.

Yep, a newb that searched first...

·
Registered
336 Posts
front shim kit / oem part # 04945-30140
front sping/end clips kit / oem part # 04947-30090

btw, no rust yet on my set from raceconcepts. had then on now over a year and half.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobian said:
front shim kit / oem part # 04945-30140
front sping/end clips kit / oem part # 04947-30090

btw, no rust yet on my set from raceconcepts. had then on now over a year and half.
do you have the numbers for the rear?

·
Registered
336 Posts
rear part #'s

rear shim kit / oem part #
prod date 05/00 - 01/02
04946-30090

prod date 01/02 -
04946-53010

rear sping/end clips kit / oem part # 04948-30071

·
Registered
46 Posts
does anyone know if the shim kit is important in reducing the squeak noise? or its mainly the quality of the brake pads that cause the brake not to squeak?

·
Registered
675 Posts
does anyone know if the shim kit is important in reducing the squeak noise? or its mainly the quality of the brake pads that cause the brake not to squeak?
I think it mainly the skim kit. I got hawk hps pads it makes squeaking noise at low speed and when its braking. Any 1 have up to date part number for front/ rear spring and skim kit?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The shim kit doesn't usually fail, it's the anti-squeal lube that fails over time. It could break down due to heat and lose its properties. I had front pads squeal; but after applying some new anti-squeal brake lube to the pads + shims, the noise is gone! I would apply some new lube before buying the shim kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts