Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought an IS300 and wanted to start adding to it. First i wanted to add some fog lights and when i finally got a chance to take of the bumper and see if the connectors were still there, i found that one of them had been stripped off. The only thing that is left is the 2 wires. I have an IS300 and went to the dealership and asked if they had it. After sometime they bought something up that didnt really look like the right connector but i bought it anyways. Came home and found that it was definitely not correct. Does anyone know what the part # is for this? I have pics i can post up if anyone wants to make sure its the right one.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
There are two different fogs for the IS. I think the 01-02 had the 9006 bulb and the 03-06 have the H3 bulb. It just depends which fogs you want to install. I'm pretty sure most auto parts stores have either connector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pics of what i believe to be the fog connector. Please advise me if i'm wrong. This is what i'm looking for on the other side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the auto shop today and looked around. I found connectors for the 9006 which look pretty similar to the pics above. I couldn't find any H3 connectors to compare to, but i did look at the bulbs and the H3 bulb looks very different. Anyone care to chime in? I guess i could just buy the 9006 connectors as they all come in pairs and just splice both sides in. But i have an 04 so it should have a H3 connector which puzzles me.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
If you look at all the IS 300s from 01 - 05 the fog style is the same, they just use different bulbs. You can either contact the dealership to get H3 connectors or just splice in the 9006 connectors and convert them to 9006. Of course, that's my logic. I don't really know if it's possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i thought about that and thats probably what i'm going to do. But i would really like a confirmation that the connector in the picture is either 9006 or H3. I went to the Lexus dealership and asked them for the part and they gave me a totally different looking connector.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I'm good friends with the parts guy at my local Lexus dealership. I will call him today and ask the question. Now let me get this correct, you recently bought an IS but it had no fogs? What year did you buy?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its an 04. I'm not sure if i explained it wrong to the lexus parts guy or what not. I was also having problems with them finding the correct outside sensor for temperature for my car as well. I'll try to post some pics of the connector i bought from lexus tomorrow (it looks nothing like the one from above).

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Got it. So you have an 04 but no fogs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct. I'm trying to figure out what the connector is first as i only have it on the passenger side and i need it on the driver side. Here are some pics of the connector i bought from Lexus.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Unfortunately, my buddy is on vacation this week and the other parts guys don't give me too much confidence but here is what I found out....

I know that the 01's have the 9006 bulb and thus the connector would be different. '02 - '05 had the H3 bulb. The Lexus part # for the bulb is 90981-13071. The part # for the connector is 90980-11156. My suggestion is that you go to Auto Parts and accessories for Toyota BMW Lexus and Honda irontoad.com. These guys are outstanding at Lexus parts and I have purchased from them before. Tell them your situation and they will ensure you get the right connectors. Best wishes.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
It looks like you bought the wrong connector from the dealership. The first set of pictures you posted shows connector for a 9006 bulb. The connector you purchased from the dealership looks like a h3 connector.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Isn't that what he would want from the dealership? The H3 connector?. He'll need to purchase a set of fogs anyways and will need the correct connectors for the H3.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Isn't that what he would want from the dealership? The H3 connector?. He'll need to purchase a set of fogs anyways and will need the correct connectors for the H3.

The first set of pictures he posted show 9006 connectors already on the car. He can purchase either 9006 or h3 as long as he purchase matching fogs. I say buy the fogs first to determine which connector is needed and then buy the connectors. Either way it's fairly simple game to get the connectors on.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Ah yes, I agree. I don't know what the difference is between the 9006 and the H3 and whether one is better than the other. He just needs to decide which fogs he wants and then get the appropriate connectors regardless of what's on his car. This horse has sufficiently been beaten. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the clarification on the connectors Eminence. I'll be on the look out for the fogs first then decide which connector to get. I'll probably end up getting the 9006 connectors as its easier to find connectors (local auto parts) and the H3 i bought from Lexus doesn't come pre wired into the connector so that would be a little more difficult to do. Thx for all the help guys! +rep

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
check your PM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts