Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started replacing my parking brake shoes, but I have ran into an issue. When I took off the shoe, the rear hold down pin was able to slide right out the back. The front pin seems to have the entire hub assembly keeping it from being removed. If you have any info on how people remove this that would be really helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have started replacing my parking brake shoes, but I have ran into an issue. When I took off the shoe, the rear hold down pin was able to slide right out the back. The front pin seems to have the entire hub assembly keeping it from being removed. If you have any info on how people remove this that would be really helpful! Thanks! View attachment 133681
Yours is just rust to it. When you buy new hardware. You will get a new pin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! I have a new hardware kit, but I can't seem to remove this pin from the brake shield, since this pin seems to have all of the suspension components behind it. I can move the pin around freely in the hole, but I can't push it out the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently installed a rear bbk and replaced parking brakes as well. In order to get that pin out I pulled the 2 bolts holding the backing plate. Once those were out I pulled the plate forward away from the hub a little to get the straight pin out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nate is right. Last year I rebuild both rear hubs and that pin needs to be put in before the backing plate is bolted down to the spindle/carrier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts