Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I parked my car outside Wawa in a legal spot to parallel park because the parking lot was really crowded. So I go in to get coffee and I come out to find a cop writing me a ticket. I was NICE to the cop as I wasn't sure what I was getting a ticket for. She tells me that I parked too FAR FROM THE CURB and writes me a bullshit ticket for like $30 :pissed: . The thing is I couldn't have been more than 3-4 inches from the curb! This cop must have been really dumb because then she went to her car to find out if having my calipers painted red was illegal (which it's not). After about listening to 15 minutes of making illegal mods to your car speech from the cop she asked about my exhaust. I DARED her to go test it for sound, as the Dragger II is sound legal as far as I know. She said fine I'll take your word for it and I drove away.

Cops are such ass holes, the only reason I got that ticket was because I am driving a Lexus and the cop isn't IMO. :pissed:

·
11,061 Posts
Too far from the curb at three to four inches? That's BS. From what I know you have to be more than 12 inches out to be in any violation.

·
Registered
642 Posts
you shoulda went and bought a donut, strung it around ya waist so the donut hangs right where ya crotch is, pointed down to it and said, "Eat me!" probably a rookie cop......

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oneeyejack said:
i know someone who got a ticket for parking too far from the curb but she REALLY was parked more than 12" from the curb.
I called the local police station and asked them how far you had to be away from the curb to qualify for a ticket they told me at least 13". I told them one of their officers wrote me a ticket for parking 4 inches of the curb and hassled me about my car for no reason. Luckily when the cop wrote me a ticket I took a picture of how far away from the curb I was with my phone camera. The officer I spoke with on the phone said to come by tommorow and show the picture. He said if I can prove the picture is legit he will tear up the ticket and the n00b cop that wrote me a fine will probobly be reprimanded.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
stupid cops..
i bet their own donut shops!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
good luck dude, if u have the cop in ur picture it will work even better..
or else the AHole cops might think u reparked and took another one urself.

·
13,978 Posts
flproject13 said:
oneeyejack said:
i know someone who got a ticket for parking too far from the curb but she REALLY was parked more than 12" from the curb.
I called the local police station and asked them how far you had to be away from the curb to qualify for a ticket they told me at least 13". I told them one of their officers wrote me a ticket for parking 4 inches of the curb and hassled me about my car for no reason. Luckily when the cop wrote me a ticket I took a picture of how far away from the curb I was with my phone camera. The officer I spoke with on the phone said to come by tommorow and show the picture. He said if I can prove the picture is legit he will tear up the ticket and the n00b cop that wrote me a fine will probobly be reprimanded.
sweet. making good use of that camera phone. :)

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
oneeyejack said:
HoustonLex said:
In San Fran, if you dont park with your wheels pointed in or out (depends on if your facing up or down), its a 100 dollar ticket
that's only if you're on a hill no?
have you ever been in san fran? find me a parking spot thats not on a hill

·
13,978 Posts
HoustonLex said:
oneeyejack said:
HoustonLex said:
In San Fran, if you dont park with your wheels pointed in or out (depends on if your facing up or down), its a 100 dollar ticket
that's only if you're on a hill no?
have you ever been in san fran? find me a parking spot thats not on a hill
i used to LIVE in san fran. :roll:

they DO have areas near the water that are flat. the area near the metreon is pretty flat. :roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts