Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Panasonic CQ-VAD7300U DVD headunit professionally installed on my 02 IS with stock NAV. The Installer have wired it so both aftermarket headunit and Stock Lexus nav works together. I have a Optima yellowtop and JL 12W6v2 with a JL 500/1 amp and a 2 farad cap.

The problem is whenever the weather gets hot, the headunit starts switching on and off randomly. Also, when i shift the car into reverse the headunit will cut out and go back on again. In all cases its as if the head unit restarts itself (always is on) unless i turn it off.

I checked, jiggled, metered the power connection and it is fine. The system works perfectly at night or at winter time when its not hot.

Is it possible that this problem is related to power fluctuations? I noticed voltage drops below 12v (battery malfunction in heat)? Somethings up and im dying to get to the bottom of it.
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
try turning on the a/c full blast and blowing it at the back of the monitor...always cools down my indash...(not really sure if it's 2 good for the life of the unit though)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah... does that really work? haha I was thinking maybe i can duct the foot well air vents to blow air into the back of the center dash.

does anyone have a similar problem?

·
8,803 Posts
i would imagine its a problem with the deck itself. I have the Alpine dvd 7" deck, with stock nav, optima yellow and lightning batts, 3 JL amps = 1600 watts and a 12w7, and i live in AZ where the inside of the car gets in the 140's in the summer, and my deck has never shut off due to heat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts