Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting this in-dash dvd unit but the only drawback is that it does not have a detachable face. My car is parked outside a lot, so I am a little worried about something like this getting stolen. This unit does come with some sort of code security system though which supposedly locks out the entire system or something when the power is off. Anyone know what that means? Would this kinda protection be equal to something such as a detachable faceplate?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Basically it has password protection. Remove power and you are required to enter a pin to allow operation. Wrong pin and the unit will never work!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
lisnup65 said:
Basically it has password protection. Remove power and you are required to enter a pin to allow operation. Wrong pin and the unit will never work!
I can attest to that. Its similar to Eclipse's ESN setup. Unless the user can unlock it via a password/ key CD, it will stay in lockup mode.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
dmoney69 said:
oh ok, so someone could still easily jack the headunit, they just couldn't use it then.
Correct! You are out the unit and will still incur damage, but the theif takes the chance of getting caught and they end up with a very chancy paper weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts