Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if painting the housings gloss black onyx just like my car will work and look right? I'm having some work done in the rear and was thinking about doing this...any opinions or tips??

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
mine are gloss black from a rattle can of krylon....matches perfectly. looks much better than the stock chrome or even dark chrome. makes the car look more aggressive and less ricey.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine are gloss black from a rattle can of krylon....matches perfectly. looks much better than the stock chrome or even dark chrome. makes the car look more aggressive and less ricey.
Any pics of it by any chance? I knida really wanna do it, but i'm just hesitant on opening up my tail light housings, dont wanna mess 'em up or end up having any condensation or leaking

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Here are some pics of mine painted in TCM......

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some pics of mine painted in TCM......

Ahhh that looks sick, soo wanna do that, but about seperating the lens, is it really a lot of work, cuz the last thing i need is to mess up on it and need new tails

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I hear you. I found a guy who is local and all he did was open them up for me. I then took the shells to my body shop where they were painted and then I sent them to Nick (Inspar8r) at MMSport and he retrofitted them to LEDs. The trunk lights are dual LEDs which were done by ClearCorners.Com [ top projects ]

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
and a ggp setup. just for reference. i dont know if they will help but might.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have a couple, but they are night shots. i can get a few more pics this weekend when i clean up my car and do my maintenance. heres what i got. excuse the dirty car. its winter here.

let me know if you want more.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the pics and the words of advice guys, chris ur car looks exacly like mine does at the moment, so if u can get some time to take some daytime shots on a nice day that would be sweet, otherwise, we'll see if i get the nerve to take the time to do this once my car goes in the shop for the new rear end

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a couple, but they are night shots. i can get a few more pics this weekend when i clean up my car and do my maintenance. heres what i got. excuse the dirty car. its winter here.

let me know if you want more.
Good 4 u rockin' the silver SD rims on the black onyx...im doin' the same at the moment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts