Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am very low on budget and i was wondering if it was a good idea to paint my black 07 is250 stock rims to black. If it is a good idea can someone tell me how to properly paint the rims and everything? thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
i am very low on budget and i was wondering if it was a good idea to paint my black 07 is250 stock rims to black. If it is a good idea can someone tell me how to properly paint the rims and everything? thank you
well this is what i did

i sanded with 120 all over the rim get all the cracks and hard spots thats were it will start coming off 1st

clean really well with a cleaner

put 1st coat of primer i used rust oleum primer real light and let dry

2nd coat primer let dry remember real light

3rd coat primer real light and the wheel should be comply cover in primer let dry

sand with like 1000 all over remember all the cracks

clean really well with a cleaner

1st paint coat same as primer so repeat the steps for the primer i used rust oleum

now if u want to clear then wet sand with 2000 grit get all the cracks

then clear like primer and paint

tip: i used rust oleum because it hold up a lot better than other paints in a can
tip:less is better when putting on coats
tip:ur prep is what makes it look so good and last so if u do a shitty prep it will look shitty

and its not an is but its my truck it is a rust oleum and this is the paint with no clear because i like the way it is
RustOleum.com

i gave u diff pics ones in the sun and ones in the shade in the sun it shines but when its in the shade it look like a satin its really nice and all my friends love this color the best and i have just about done thin all lol now my truck has a METALLIC paint job so it goes well so u might want to look at a satin or gloss just that a gloss will be hard to make it look right

i hope this helps u and all of my cars will have black wheels so good luck and if u need anything pm me

later
chris;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I See

Hi, I don't know this is a good suggestion for you. But in case if you can't do it by yourself (like Searcy 1321...He did a good job). Let try to check this
Contact Us
My friend ever fix rim and repaint with them. They did a good job too.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts