Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided i want to paint my roof and initially i thought black for sure but now i am thinking of possibly GGP, Below are a few pics of my car for reference, the headlight housings are satin black tails fogs and sidemarkers are 20% smoked clear bra and the side windows are now 20% and windshield is 35%. I think GGP might flow better with my car but it might look too light where it meets the f & R windshields.
Opinions please, and also if i go with black should i do the lexus onyx black?
thanks guys

Attachments

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I'm a big fan of black roofs but if you aren't planning on going with a CF hood and trunk I say give GGP a whirl. It's only paint, you can always redo it if you don't like it. I think the GGP roof idea is a unique twist on things. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope no cf hood or trunk although i am getting a cf license plate garnish.
thanks i think ggp would flow good just dont know how it will look next to the tinted out back window
keep it comin + rep for suggestions

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
My cars AR and I was going to do a CF hood and trunk but realized I can spend the money elsewhere on the car to make it a little more worth while. I still need to install my CF license plate garnish and CF plate frame. I was thinking down the road painting my roof black but I'm still not sure. I like the way the black roof helps hide the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
black might look better with the window tint but ggp is a fresh idea. i say go for it!

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can always just print out some vinyl and see how it looks but im curious to see also as I have a MSM and am starting to think of the black scheme for the roof also, not sure about a CF hood with sides painted MSM though but I do have the CF plate garnish also

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can always just print out some vinyl and see how it looks but im curious to see also as I have a MSM and am starting to think of the black scheme for the roof also, not sure about a CF hood with sides painted MSM though but I do have the CF plate garnish also
I dont have a cf hood with msm sides, so im not sure if you were talkin about my car or not, but anyways i think black will be the best, i got a quote today for 450, so not sure sounded a little steep to me but ill go get a few more just to make sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would go with this black vinyl sticker sheet instead of paint. That way, you can just peel it right off when you want to take it off. STICKERCITY.COM
Go there, i did mine, it was $40 for the film.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Although I'm bias to GGP and it would def be a unique combo, I'm leaning towards the Onyx Black to flow with your tint, head, and tails. Nice drop BTW!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
you cant tell but an old friend of mine painted his car Bmw gray and painted his roof black. The car is sold and i havent heard from him in awhile! Only pic i have!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
This is one of the many things I have on my to do list for my car. I dont know how black would look with my color though. On an MSM Im sure it would look great though. Go for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts