Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any issue painting over parts (such as a bumper) that have already been painted in a different color?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
just painting over something is not proper. You need to prep the area and all that good shit.

D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, yea I was just wondering, I really have no experience in that area, I was just looking to buy a new bumper to replace my cracked one. I will be bringing it into a body shop to get that work done, I was just wondering if I bought a used one that was already painted if they could do what was necessary to paint over it. From what you guys say it can be done as long as it is prepared correctly.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
correct.

closed case :)

D

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
As long as the paint is in good condition all you have to do is sand it lightly and clean it. It's really easy unless the original paint is in bad condition (cracking, peeling), then you should strip it.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
That's called unpainted, but thanks for whoring my car as usual... It's pretty cute how much you love me, always giving me rep, posting my car, talking about it etc.. Does your girlfriend get jealous that you devote so much of your time to me?

Reactions: gcmbob

·
Registered
703 Posts
remember prep is the key to painting

better the prep better the paint job in a lot of cases it is a good foundation

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
That's called unpainted, but thanks for whoring my car as usual... It's pretty cute how much you love me, always giving me rep, posting my car, talking about it etc.. Does your girlfriend get jealous that you devote so much of your time to me?
Man Im glad they finally banned this guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts