Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how this can be done....I have the front and back "L", the LEXUS and the 300 in black pearl...but not the IS

any thoughts

thanks

-matt

·
Registered
908 Posts
You're going to either have to buy just the IS from the dealership.....OR give them your chrome IS and have them send it off to be done an exact match of the black pearl. There is no way you can match it with spray paint, etc....

Someone on here had the dealership "black pearl" his chrome Altezza badge for $20.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Re: Painting or getting the "IS" emblem black pear

crazysaiyan said:
does anyone know how this can be done....I have the front and back "L", the LEXUS and the 300 in black pearl...but not the IS

any thoughts

thanks

-matt
you'll probably have to buy the "IS 300" piece in BP. i dont think the dealer will sell just the "IS" part and matching the color with paint is going to pretty tough.

·
8,827 Posts
Buy the original Black Pearl badging for the IS. That is the only way to get it done right.

·
Registered
641 Posts
How difficult is it to replace the front/rear badges with black pearl replacements? Can you do the fishing line/dental floss thing on the grille emblem, too? How do you reattach the new emblems? Thanks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
WildWeasel said:
How difficult is it to replace the front/rear badges with black pearl replacements? Can you do the fishing line/dental floss thing on the grille emblem, too? How do you reattach the new emblems? Thanks.
The L emblem on the grill is very easy to take off. You can use dental floss to take most of it off, then it is held on with just 2 tabs/stubs.

Someone here said he got his Altezza badge painted black pearl for $20 at his dealership......I saw it myself at the last meet, I just forgot his username.

Call Carson Toyota and ask how much for the IS 300 in BP.....1.800.90.TOYOTA....goodluck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.