Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is300.net I am the owner of Autowerks body & paint collision center in El Monte, California. We're painting a car for an is300.net member Batmobile so I am going to post up a few teaser pictures while the car is getting painted flat black.

Specs: House of kolors (black) with Flat clear

Attachments

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Used to see a lot of early 50's cars in flat black. Mostly they were just primer and hadn't been finished yet. Kinda reminds me of body kits that never get painted.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
^ Well it's been done. There's the Five Axis IS-F that has a custom bodykit in a flat black painting scheme.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
the 5ax car has some issues that i see.

1. The car was rushed for Sema so the flat black looks ugly as hell, there are pics I took that show they didn't block it correctly so the black doesn't look smooth its all blotchy.

2. The car is just ugly end of story.

3. I don't think there was an is-f done in flat black.

D

·
Registered
382 Posts
are you guys doing work on johnnyboys 2is? here's his car at the socal presidents day meet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
not a fan of the flat black on such newer car and also not a lover of a single exhaust in a 2is even less the convination with the blue wheels and not to mention giving away ur titaniun shifter pedals and ir bags for a fancy steering wheel that only works on F1 but other than the little details the car is awsome !!! reps ^^

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
the paints finished and is awesome.

not a fan of the flat black on such newer car and also not a lover of a single exhaust in a 2is even less the convination with the blue wheels and not to mention giving away ur titaniun shifter pedals and ir bags for a fancy steering wheel that only works on F1 but other than the little details the car is awsome !!! reps ^^
? I dont' understand you, titanium shifter pedals? ir bags? my fancy steering wheel that only works on F1?
Please take a middle school english class and rewrite the sentance so that I understand it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts