Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A paint guy told me that if i were to paint my headlights that they would lose the vacuum seal so moisture would be able to get inside and fog them up... i was wondering if thats true or should i just go ahead and do it?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
There is no "vacuum seal" at all, the lights actually have vents in them, thus not possible way to create a vacuum. The important thing is that you reseal the lights so that the original seal is maintained.

If you want me to do your lights I warranty them so if you get any moisture problems in the future the lights and ballasts will be replaced at no cost to you.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
LCA575 said:
There is no "vacuum seal" at all, the lights actually have vents in them, thus not possible way to create a vacuum. The important thing is that you reseal the lights so that the original seal is maintained.

If you want me to do your lights I warranty them so if you get any moisture problems in the future the lights and ballasts will be replaced at no cost to you.
I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
fuct said:
LCA575---- what is your turn around time on the headlights. lets say you receive them on say monday....when would you be shipping them back? just curious..............
Turnaround for just JDM back style painting is only 1-2 days. If I get them on a Monday they are usually ready to go on Wed.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
LCA575 said:
fuct said:
LCA575---- what is your turn around time on the headlights. lets say you receive them on say monday....when would you be shipping them back? just curious..............
Turnaround for just JDM back style painting is only 1-2 days. If I get them on a Monday they are usually ready to go on Wed.
- how much?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts