Lexus IS Forum banner

painting emblems...

764 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  blklex 
#1 ·
anyone ever painted their "L" , "Lexus" and "IS300" emblems to look like the black pearl ones? i can't imagine that being too difficult- but my real question is- what kind of tape do you use to mount them back on after peelin them off?

#4 ·
double sided tape is really difficult on our emblem because the letters are cut out individually. if you had an emblem that was a solid back (ford, chevy, etc.), then double sided tape would work. i used emblem re-adhesive that you can buy at autozone. sanded it and sprayed it with spray paint. looks super. i'l try and get some pics this weekend when i get my car out of the shop

#5 ·
Use the RED 3m double sided tape available at Home Depot, etc.

Apply the tape across the back surface, then use an x-acto knife and cut/trace the tape from the back of the emblem.

I cut a little on the inside of the emblem, not on the very edge, so that the tape would not show too much.

It takes a steady hand, but I've done it before.

#11 ·
rmmgs4 said:
brc said:
10secondIS said:
by pressure washer I meant the kind at the do it yourself car wash and the car detail places, not the kind you use to take the paint off a house
:lol: :lol: personally i like to use a sandblaster for those really stubborn, hard to remove dirt spots.. :p

Yeah , I'll bet it removes EVERYTHING> :lol:
everythin but those emblems with the Red 3M tape!! :lol: :lol: j/k! :chill:

#12 ·
rmmgs4 said:
brc said:
10secondIS said:
by pressure washer I meant the kind at the do it yourself car wash and the car detail places, not the kind you use to take the paint off a house
:lol: :lol: personally i like to use a sandblaster for those really stubborn, hard to remove dirt spots.. :p

Yeah , I'll bet it removes EVERYTHING> :lol:
Sandblaster to shave some weight off your car!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.