Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey..i plan to get a Cf hood (the other one i had wasn't to good of a fitment so it was returned, and i wasn't digging it to well, but now i want it again with this so...) was wondering how much would it cost to get the sides painted? a great example would be
http://my.is/forums/f90/new-photoshoot-rsx-12-11-06-a-314606/
and
http://my.is/forums/f90/i-love-jdm-new-teaser-pic-pg-2-a-312227/index2.html
(hope they don't mind)

i was wondering would anyone know the estimate? or would it be cheaper altogether just painting my hood because of the rock chips..i really hate my hood and it needs to go because the rock chips is an eyesore

thanks

oh btw..i was browsing turbo videos...who's IS300 is this :flee:
stock S4 turbo Video - Video

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
i wouldnt pay more than 200 for it. all they do is tape off the middle section, prep the carbon and paint. the material isnt crap and the labor is minimum.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i called up a few places that were not closed..such a rip just for it..IMO if you do it urself then its good but hiring someone the labor kills it

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If you clicked the links you would see that painting the sides of the hood makes it look really clean and finished IMO.. It's not like he's painting the whole hood here.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think it looks better and not to flashy..IMO

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
y would u wanna paint your CF hood, wats the point of hving a CF hood then
because its awesome to have someone pull your stock looking hood up and go "what the @)(*&%!"

and some people lik function without going HEY I HAVE A CARBON FIBER HOOD!!!! LOOK LOOK. i had one on my old subaru and painted it once the clear coat started to peel.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
about 400 bucks. clearcoat everything including the center and also a strip of paint along the front

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yupp

about 400 bucks. clearcoat everything including the center and also a strip of paint along the front
sadly thats true..i was quoted 3-4 bills just for that -_- thats basically 2 CF hoods

lol

:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts