Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you paint calipers, do you spray em, brush on the paint or do you use an aerosol can?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Painting by hand is definatly much better. You're able to get into the back and edges of the caliper w/o spraying a mess on your rotors (or wheel well). You're going to have to spray clear coat on top of that, but that part is straight forward and easy. The paint adheres much better when it's brush on rather then just coated with spray paint.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Brushed on paint usually lasts longer too. Rattle can looks smoother, but fades over time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
kragen?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I used Duplicolor. I suggest painting the rotor hub as well while your in there. Mine was all nasty and a little rusty.
Make sure you wait long enough after you paint the calipers to spray the clear coat or the paint will run from the clear coat. I know this cause I sprayed it too soon and the silver paint ran all over my decals :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
awesome! Paint on looks easier! Does that ebay G2 one come with a clear coat too? Looks like it.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
awesome! Paint on looks easier! Does that ebay G2 one come with a clear coat too? Looks like it.
i don't think so (at least when i bought it) i used high temp. Duplicolor clear coat... FYI if you're doing decals, place them on first before you clear that way it locks everything in

·
Registered
916 Posts
i don't think so (at least when i bought it) i used high temp. Duplicolor clear coat... FYI if you're doing decals, place them on first before you clear that way it locks everything in
I agree

·
Registered
655 Posts
I used Duplicolor. I suggest painting the rotor hub as well while your in there. Mine was all nasty and a little rusty. (
i agree, i didn't paint the rusty rear hubs when i did my calipers, and regretted it for a year. i finally painted the hubs last month. don't make the same mistake :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts