1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would paint it on ur own or take it to a shop. How much is he lip unpainted? Around 340 the last time I checked. Mine costed me $200 to paint and install. So that would still make the lip cheaper than lextasy minus the headaches you might get from them lol. Paint might not match and then you will be in trouble.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hmmmm...dont know too much about carbon creations but I believe a couple people have that cwest cf front bumper here on .net. I dont know but getting a full cf bumper or lip is just a lil too much for me. It's something that will give you a big headache when something cracks over getting something that can be fixed and repainted. I remember seeing a member that has that bumper...he painted the bumper black and let is fade out to show the cf....IMO, that looked pretty hot.

Here's one of the links:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=207458&highlight=carbon+creations+cwest

Here's the other:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=249908&highlight=carbon+fiber+cwest

You should pm them and see what they say. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
it will be alot cheaper if you took it to a body shop and get it painted. When i was ordering my rmm kit from lextasy it took so long to arrive so good luck with your lip.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E12iC46 said:
Hmmmm...dont know too much about carbon creations but I believe a couple people have that cwest cf front bumper here on .net. I dont know but getting a full cf bumper or lip is just a lil too much for me. It's something that will give you a big headache when something cracks over getting something that can be fixed and repainted. I remember seeing a member that has that bumper...he painted the bumper black and let is fade out to show the cf....IMO, that looked pretty hot.

Here's one of the links:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=207458&highlight=carbon+creations+cwest

Here's the other:
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=249908&highlight=carbon+fiber+cwest

You should pm them and see what they say. :)
THX for your help!!! I really appreciate it. I'd give you more rep but I'm not allowed :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think it would be cheaper to get it from 3n1motorsport unpainted for around 350ish shipped and get it painted at a local paint shop. It cost me about 50 dollars to get a lip painted.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Here, I personally delta with lextasy, and this was pretty much the first mod part I ordered.

I personally talked to Steve, the owner of lextasy, he said he could get it painted and ship it to my door within 2 weeks.

I agreed with the price and everything, however they are just a distributor or rmm, which means taking orders only.

RMM does everything, shipping out the lip and have it painted across the street, however their quality isn't that bad.

What end up happening was... lextasy never replied my emails, so I finally got in touch with the owner again and he basically told me what I said above, if I want to check on the order status I need to call RMM myself.

RMM didn't do anything until I called them, but they got everything done quickly and since I paid for the shipping for rmm, they just ended up install it for free for me.
RMM even told me they had to call laxtasy to confirm there is such an order.. which means that laxtasy took my order but never haven't had time to farward to RMM...

(RMM is only 10 miles away from me and I didn't even know that until I called them)

Final thought is: stay away from lextasy, contact RMM directly

Rod Millen Motor sport Web Site
Address: 17471 Apex Cir, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Phone: (714) 847-2158

Want the best price? Call Carson Toyota, they prob can give u 10% off, and have them ship it. 1-800-908-6968 or 310-522-2300

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Red is a hard color to match. You'd definitely be better off having it painted at a "good" local body shop. Plus if there are any problems with the paint (bubbling, etc..) you can take it back to the shop, instead of shipping it back to RMM.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
i wouldnt get any pre-painted item (for the outside of your car) becuase it wont be a 100% match.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts