Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got back from Autocross last weekend, I had the wheel caps in my backpack and was taking everything out. I noticed that the had some SBM touch-up paint that my service advisor had given me right there on the counter. So I stared at the caps and the paint for a few seconds and decided to paint the L in the logo on the cap.

It's really hard to get a good picture of them without glare. I think it looks very good, but it's also very subtle. You barely notice it. I haven't decided if I should paint the whole logo or not. I haven't done the other side of the car either...

Please, no comments on my tires or car. I tore up the front tires at autocross (pressure was too low up front) and I haven't even washed the car since!

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited August 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
...I think that looks pretty nice, it's very subtle. Were you going to paint the ring of the "L" as well and do you plan on painting your calipers? On a side note do you know any way in which I could get black chrome/black pearl emblems for the IS, ones that are similar to the black badgings found on Land Cruisers, Camrys, 4Runners, and Coach & Platnium edition Lexus vehicles (ES, GS, & LS).

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited August 17, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't decided whether to paint the whole logo or not (including the ring). I still have to do the other side of the car too.

I do also plan on painting the calipers, IF I can find a nice matching blue.

Sorry, can't help you on the black chrome emblems. Who knows, maybe for next model year.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey looks good.
I say just paint the L. Suttle is the way to go. Don't want to go too paint crazy, cuz there's no turning back.

Anyways I have 18 rims (Intergal GT1s) which the dealer was able to fit Lexus wheel caps into. Now when people look at the car they think rims 18" rims come with the car from Lexus!

·
Registered
654 Posts
You autocross in the IS? I was just thinking the other day about beginning to autocross now that I have a car that stands a reasonable chance (it does doesn't it?) With that in mind, I was wondering if there were any classes that I could take and what modifications would be ideal to make the IS a feasible autocross competitor.
(I was thinking sway bars, but what else?)

[This message has been edited by shadoh6 (edited August 17, 2000).]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by shadoh6:
You autocross in the IS? I was just thinking the other day about beginning to autocross now that I have a car that stands a reasonable chance (it does doesn't it?) With that in mind, I was wondering if there were any classes that I could take and what modifications would be ideal to make the IS a feasible autocross competitor.
(I was thinking sway bars, but what else?)
I usually do it in my Miata, but since it's on jackstands in the garage, I figured I'd give the IS a go. Put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

But you can autocross anything really - there are Ford Focuses and Neons as well as Corvettes and Porsches. SCCA is the governing body for most autocrossing, but Autocross.com has a lot of beginner information.

The most competitive class are the stock classes (minor mods, new sways would keep you out of that). Banannie on this forum autocross too, I get the feeling she's a lot better than I am as well.
She'll be able to help a lot.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited August 17, 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts