Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
painted the inner flat black. next project is to wetsand the lights and the fogs. Also installed Megan headers and a Toyomoto y pipe (fun fun project!). added my rear lip on. got all these parts from members here at my is except for the rims and tires...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Looks nice. Did they seal up well? I would have left the bezel part chrome most likely.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they actually sealed up pretty well. it's been pretty crappy weather for a couple of weeks, so it was a good time for the seal to be tested out. no leaks or moisture. not to mention i did it on a rainy day!!! haha. doesn't it suck when you're so impatient to get something done and the weather sucks outside?

·
Registered
526 Posts
did you read a thread on how-to for doing it or where did you get your info for it. i know you bake them apart and together just wondering the details. looks good tho

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks really good, I was also interested in where you got the info for the project. I still have the '01 stock lights on my Black Onyx but I want black highlights rather than sliver chrome.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Looks like you did well! You should do your fogs black too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
where did you get the header and y pipe? and did you have to move the hole for the o2 sensor? im looking to get headers and a y pipe but ive heard alot of them are bad.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
what is it you have hanging on your rear-view mirror?
i've seen that same thing now on a few IS's here on the forum, just curious about it, looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
what is it you have hanging on your rear-view mirror?
i've seen that same thing now on a few IS's here on the forum, just curious about it, looks pretty cool.
the VIP knots are called FUSA. the meaning of the knot goes way back to the Samurai days where each warrior would have a knot behind their helmet for good luck and charm. Japanese superstition.

Reactions: MY2J

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Nice, it's amazing how this simple idea makes our cars look so much better!!

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
the VIP knots are called FUSA. the meaning of the knot goes way back to the Samurai days where each warrior would have a knot behind their helmet for good luck and charm. Japanese superstition.
thank you for the response.
i actually really believe in things like that. i haven't had a chance to visit japan yet, but its the asian culture that most intrigues me. (i've been to china and southeast asia, love those cultures, especially the thai culture. i guess i also believe in that cuz my dad has always had feng shui books around the house and, being jewish which also by nature has a lot of superstitions, my dad has feng shui influence all over the house haha).

where can i get a FUSA knot?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks all.

I did a search on this forum for the diy thread. There was also a link to another page with pics in one of the posts. both were very helpful. You do bake the lights in the oven for about 10-12 mins each @ 200 degress or so. use a small flat head screwdriver and another flathead to slowly pry it apart. be careful not to crack the chrome insert when pulling it apart!!! i didn't wet sand them off the car when i painted them cause i didn't buy the sand paper. i know i know...i can buy all the crap to paint, tape and seal my lights but i cant buy like 6 sheets of sand paper and some rubbing compound.

I bought the header and y pipe from a member here. I didn't have to move any of the o2 sensors, but it is throwing a check engine light. bought me some non-foulers and i'm gonna throw em on either today or tomorrow. the stock header was a bitch to take off and most of my bottom bolts were rusted cause of the salt that they use during the winter.

the items on my rearview is in fact a fusa and the other one is a suna...hehe...or as i like to call it, my JDM pretzel.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Oh yeah you do have a SUna as well. YOu're extra cool ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts