Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a little bored today so I decided to finally paint my engine covers and figured I post pics. All I used was SBM color matched paint in a can. I think it came out pretty good for a can job.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Looks good! I was thinking about doing this myself! You should do that bright green battery too. ^_^

+REP to you sir!

Reactions: RollinIS300

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Not bad... IMO stock looks better.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Looks good. +rep

·
Registered
304 Posts
A little OT, but does that STB not rub on the motor?

I got the same one and complained to the seller. He said maybe it was a bad one and I can re-send it to him at my own cost and if he deems it to be a manufacturing defect, then I would receive a refund. So he would have been like "no it wasn't a manufacturing defect, you don't get your $ back". So I said, F that I guess I will keep it. Now it sits in my extra room colecting dust.

EDIT: aaaah sheeeit, I just noticed who it was. +rep for the altys haha

Gotta give rep around before giving you some again. Till next time

How's the car running man?!

·
Registered
827 Posts
nice work!

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
that came out nice, i like it.

Where did you buy the can?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
A little OT, but does that STB not rub on the motor?

I got the same one and complained to the seller. He said maybe it was a bad one and I can re-send it to him at my own cost and if he deems it to be a manufacturing defect, then I would receive a refund. So he would have been like "no it wasn't a manufacturing defect, you don't get your $ back". So I said, F that I guess I will keep it. Now it sits in my extra room colecting dust.

EDIT: aaaah sheeeit, I just noticed who it was. +rep for the altys haha

Gotta give rep around before giving you some again. Till next time

How's the car running man?!
may rub because of how its installed. i know for the JIC strut bars you have to install the inner bolts (closest to the engine) on the tower first then the outers.

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the rep guys. Yes I did apply a clear coat that was provided with the paint I bought. I'm not sure off the top of my head the name of the site but I'll look it up a bit later. I do plan on doing the other covers I'm just waiting for the temp to get a warmer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks really good, will look even better once the rest get painted :)

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice job Jason. hows the car runnin?

The car is running very strong! I havent really driven it to much since I got it back in mid October. I only drove it until Thanksgiving and then put it away. I had it out last tuesday since it was 60 degrees here and it was running near perfect.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Nice job Jason. Have some rep!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts