Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major thanks goes to NaFooEsi for pretty much doing my headlights while I sat on his couch and watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures! These pictures don't do his work justice, they look amazing in person and there is no reflection from the rings inside the headlights. Now I need to polish the lenses to get rid of 75k miles of abuse. Thanks again Jas!

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
eight8toy said:
Major thanks goes to NaFooEsi for pretty much doing my headlights while I sat on his couch and watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures! These pictures don't do his work justice, they look amazing in person and there is no reflection from the rings inside the headlights. Now I need to polish the lenses to get rid of 75k miles of abuse. Thanks again Jas!
No problem Adam. :) You did help masking and painting the grill yourself. Just in case no one noticed. We painted his 01 grill to black. It looks good on a black car.

brandon714 said:
Did you get the DDE's from AAC
No, I provided the kit and the labor for local guys.

ISZach said:
Looks awesome man, Jason, do you use my DDE wiring mod for every car you work on now?
;) Adam's install was so smooth. Let me know if you want them done again. :)

At last, Adam, you've been Nafoosified!! hahaha

·
Registered
999 Posts
oOh looks sexy..i like :) Nice work!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
there is no reflection from the rings inside the headlights.
you mean on the housings right seeing how the inside of the headlights are chrome still...i was wondering how a painted housing will affect DDE visiability...

any clearer pics?

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Kev IS300 said:
Let me know too. Thanks
pm'ed

JAEohEN said:
you mean on the housings right seeing how the inside of the headlights are chrome still...i was wondering how a painted housing will affect DDE visiability...

any clearer pics?
Actually, he meaned that there's very little reflection from the headlight's chrome projection part. Here's a comparison to a "Nafoosified" DDE vs regular DDE.

As you can see that the bottom rings are much more distinct.

As for the painted housings, it will have some reflections unless you use flat paint that don't shine at all. But it doesn't really matter. Because it's the inner chrome's reflection that makes the biggest difference.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Those look really hot.

·
Registered
911 Posts
those look awsome...i'm gonna be getting mine done soon.

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
A member requested pics of "nafoosified" DDE when HID is on. Here they are:

Close shot of both rings heads on:

Comparison shot with HID on:

Another shot with out HID on:

Comparison shot with HID on:

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
jamesdean17 said:
Looks sweet. So what exactly is the nafoosification process?
It's called tuner's secret.........

j/k.... :D

I'm all for sharing... I mask off each individual rings by half of its thickness on the front side. Then I spray painted high temp paint on the back side to block off the lights.... there u go... :) It takes a lot of patient to make it perfect and not break the fragile ring.. but it's all worth it at the end.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i like that idea ^. i just ordered some i will have to do that .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts