Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a quick couple questions

I have my calipers painted, on my 04 Onyx (red with white stickers)
and its starting to crack n look like crap

1) Whats the best way to keep it from cracking, it lasted about Almost a year
2) My decal guy who i got my stickers from last time, at moto gfx, isnt reliable anymore, so i dont recommend him, he doesnt respond, and doesnt get back to messages...

is there anyone i can get those stickers from now

im thinking now of painting my calipers black, with a flatblack L/Lexus Emblems, with a red outline,

and on the cracking, if i painted it, and cleared it, how would it do

thanks a bunch guys!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Its all about preperation with painting. Search my username in the stop. drop and roll area. I have posted a ton of caliper posts.

D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Yeah prep is where its at. Mine havent peeled at all. If you've got dirt and crap under there, you may need to completely strip them down and start over.

I'm surprised you had a problem with Matt though. He's done vinyl a few times for me and for friends. He was always on it and I had them within a couple days.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
mine are gettin close to a year, and when I clean them off they look like new. I used high heat engine enamel and a high heat clear. as for the stickers, Ive got a guys email addy that is really good, even hooked me up with a set when I put the rears on at the wrong angle :blush:

if I remember Ill post it up when I get home from work

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hm...I wish I would have seen this earlier!!! Looks like we got everything figured out, he ended up buying his red/flat black set from us again. Hopefully we met all his needs.

If you have any problems getting ahold of me, email is the easiest way since I'm rarely on AIM anymore. [email protected]

-Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts