Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey today i finally had the time to paint my calipers and install my rims, i also painted the rotors cause they had some rust spots and such an ugly looking color, well i went out and got some duplicolor high temp paint and it came out pretty good, i just scuffd them with 3ms scuff pads and sprayed them with primer and then the black gloss paint. Then i waited for the calipers to dry for a couple of hours then about afternoon i installed the rims, it took me the whole morning till noon to paint the calipers and rotors, but it was well worth it.................................................
It took me more time to mask and scuff...

Of course i had to protect my paint cause im not a big fan of overspray :nono: .............

Here comes the paint..................................

AT LAST:worship:

Yes i know i need the caliper decals , Flatline is hooking me up soon...

NOW FOR THE RIMS.......... :popcorn:
Here compared to old rim width and new rear rim width

i-FORGED AEROS

Some lippage for ya....

Rims on car

Just Washed sorry for the delay in pics

Well thats it, let me know what you guys think, thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great job but my only question is why not paint the rusted ring. The way i did it was with the spray paint, spray into a bottle cap and with a small paint brush go over the ring while spinning the hub. Try and get allitle outside cause when you brake it would round it out perfectly. Hope this helps. Mine came out great.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats a good idea, ill just brush around the ring , i was going to paint it but the back parking brakes were on and did not spin,ill try it with the wheel on , thanks for the advice

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You should have waited for the decals...now ur gonna have to take off the wheels again....and clean those calipers before you apply the decal...thats if you are gonna clear coat.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
List the specs of the wheel and tires please =) Btw..how much lip did you get in the front and the rear? My offsets were the same as mr. signh but the IForged got the bigger lip from the design I guess. The ends actually curve in while my jlines go straight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the designs are probably different,my specs on the rims are exactly like mr.singh's,
fronts: 19x8 , 45offset 1" lip Tires 225/35/19

rear 19x9.5, 55 offset 2.5"lip Tires 255/30/19

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That looks real nice.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
WhiteLex03 said:
All that just to paint calipers? Gosh shoulda bought G2 paint for that one.
yeah probably wouldve been easier with g2 paint. brushes on. no overspray.

MiamiIs300 said:
Great job but my only question is why not paint the rusted ring. The way i did it was with the spray paint, spray into a bottle cap and with a small paint brush go over the ring while spinning the hub. Try and get allitle outside cause when you brake it would round it out perfectly. Hope this helps. Mine came out great.
paint the rust rings and vents on the rotors.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Nice...very meticulous. I likes! :approve:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts