Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I did mine black in October of 2002, and they look fine. I have done other customers cars, and they have had no problems, no discoloration for over 2 years. I ususally do red, and it looks just as good as the first day I did it. It will last for a long time, if you prep it right, and take care of it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've had mine done for over a year now and they still look great.

As long as you put a coat of clear over the stickers they won’t get discolored. Between a few washings I’ve had my white stickers brown and with a little wheel cleaner they are bright white again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mine lasted 1.5 years and the red color stayed looking new the whole time. No problem with my white Flatline stickers changing color either... whita as my ass the whole time, HOWEVER, he only problem is the red paint JUST started to chip in a few spots. Hence, the thread that I just started before I saw this one...

http://is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=133729062#133729062

If somebody could help answer my question about RE-painting my calipers, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I really think it depends on driving conditions and such. In the northeast they put so much sand and salt on the roads its bound to chip away calipur paint. But in other areas there is just less debris on the roads.

In response the colors fading and stickers peeling off I would highly recommend a few coats of high temp clear coat after you paint. It makes them glossy and protects.

·
Registered
579 Posts
cmondamnit said:
I really think it depends on driving conditions and such. In the northeast they put so much sand and salt on the roads its bound to chip away calipur paint. But in other areas there is just less debris on the roads.

In response the colors fading and stickers peeling off I would highly recommend a few coats of high temp clear coat after you paint. It makes them glossy and protects.
I've had a tough time finding high temp clear coat. Only have found the regular stuff. In fact, the guy at the auto parts store said that he didn't think there was a such thing as high temp clear coat, so I stopped looking. I guess he was wrong huh?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.