Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to paint the palstic covers under the hood? If so did the paint stick well or was there pealing problems?

Thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
ninja4911 said:
Has anyone ever tried to paint the palstic covers under the hood? If so did the paint stick well or was there pealing problems?

Thanks.
I used VHT spray brake caliper paint. One can is enough to do all the plastic covers. Cleaned really good with soap and water, dried, then painted. Used about 3 thin coats. It's also temp resistant. No problems with it sticking on good.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
ninja4911 said:

Thanks.
I used VHT spray brake caliper paint. One can is enough to do all the plastic covers. Cleaned really good with soap and water, dried, then painted. Used about 3 thin coats. It's also temp resistant. No problems with it sticking on good.
yeah man, when you posted those pics, that looked good....could u possibly post again?!?! i recall being very shiny blue... 8)

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/is300sam2002/my_photos
looks real nice....which exact paint code/name was that VHT spray brake caliper paint you used?? I like that color... :p

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
SB-732 Bright Blue
kewl, thanks for the info...

hey, didnt they unban ur other name yet or what? they let KD come back long time ago....I miss ur wild and wacky posts back in the day... :wink:

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
is300sam2002 said:
bk was phase one.

This is phase two.

I have an extra can of that paint if you want it.
ahh ok, kewl... :wink:

ahh thanks man, hmmm, where did you get it from? I might just pick some up this weekend at like autozone/pep boys or something

·
Registered
946 Posts
I got the paint online somewhere. Just did a google for it. I think some stores have it though. It's proably a haz surcharge to ship anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where online can I get that paint? Do you think that they will have the '01 color Auburn Sky Pearl?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts