Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so posted that i had repainted and fixed my left fender which had poor paint, but when they tried to blend it in with the hood, now the hood looks cloudy when light shines on top of it.

for example, when i pull into gas station at night and a white light shines on it, the hood looks cloudy or hazy. i took it back once already and they polished it, it looked fine but when it is night time and a white or flourescent light shines on it, it looks cloudy. any ideas what the problem is??

should i take it back a second time and complain?? the polishing made the car look shiny and it fixed the cloudyness during the day time, but at night it is still cloudy. any help?? do they need to overspray it again? i took it to lexus collision center in cerritos.

also, to fix the bumper tabs, they said they couldn't and i would need to replace the whole bumper with paint, approximately 600-750. i mean i thought bumper tabs can be fixed. any thoughts?? thanks.

if you have any recommendations, please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did they clear the entire hood? What you may be seeing is a bad prep job on the hood or just the affects of having older imperfect paint under new clear coat. It could also be cheap clear coat etc...BTW, how does the fender look? Is it cloudy? If the fender isn't cloudy and the hood is, it's most likely the result of clearing over the old paint on the hood. When light shines through the clear coat, even though the surface is smooth, you'll get tiny reflections off the old imperfections in the hood. You could also be seeing the effects of polishing, or excess compound/wax left on the hood after polishing.

Pics?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts