Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a "chrome like" finish under the black paint of my grille which is flaking off. Do you think taking the rest of the paint off would leave it with the chrome looking finish or would that just make it look like those cheap plastic chrome colored hub caps at autozone?

Or should I just paint it? Don't really have the cash to shell out on a nice aftermarket right now

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
alwa703 said:
There is a "chrome like" finish under the black paint of my grille which is flaking off. Do you think taking the rest of the paint off would leave it with the chrome looking finish or would that just make it look like those cheap plastic chrome colored hub caps at autozone?

Or should I just paint it? Don't really have the cash to shell out on a nice aftermarket right now
I'm pretty sure other people have completely stripped it, do a search and you'll find it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You're right, it's chrome underneath. Yes, others here have stripped it. Do a search to find what chemicals they used. It actually looks pretty good in chrome.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
if its the oem grille and its chipping, go to lexus....get a new one under the warranty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts