Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Alabaster looks a lot like silver, but here are both so you can see the difference. The first is Alabaster Metallic and the second is Millennium Silver Metallic.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just added eBrochures to the site for 2004-2008. If anyone has the physical dealership brochures and a scanner please give me a shout so we can get the real deal up for everyone. Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Tom from Lexus of Portland graciously provided many Lexus brochures for me to scan and make available. The following years will soon be scanned for the Lexus IS: 2001-2005, 2007-2008.

I am still looking for anyone that has the year 2006. That's only one brochure still needed to complete this archive. If anyone wanted to contribute, I would be more than happy to have someone buy a brochure on eBay and send it to me. I would scan it and then mail the brochure to the buyer (if they wanted). Let me know.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Encore888 from CL spent some time scanning the 2008 Lexus print brochure:
Picasa Web Albums - ToyotaReference - Lexus IS 2008

And I just spent a couple of hours scanning the 2001 IS brochure:
Picasa Web Albums - ToyotaReference - Lexus IS 2001

Still looking for someone that has a 2006 brochure! It might not need to be scanned in its entirety, though! If it is the same as 2005 then I think just a couple of pages might need to be scanned. If the cover of the 2006 IS brochure has a photo of an elevator door then it is the same as 2005. Please let me know!

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Still looking for someone that has a 2006 brochure! It might not need to be scanned in its entirety, though! If it is the same as 2005 then I think just a couple of pages might need to be scanned. If the cover of the 2006 IS brochure has a photo of an elevator door then it is the same as 2005. Please let me know!
Patience, my friend. I have a 2006 IS brochure, which I intend to scan as soon as things slow down a bit here at work and send you.

The 2006 Lexus brochures are my favorites. They're in a kind of "travelogue" format, and each brochure takes you through a different locale. The IS brochure is shot and takes you through Germany, the GS brochure is set in South Africa, the RX in New England, and so forth. They only used that format for the 2006 model year.

2005 was the last model year for the 1st-generation Lexus IS, and 2006 was the first model year for the 2nd-generation Lexus IS, so the brochures are totally different. The "elevator door" brochure was used for both the 2004 and 2005 model years. The 2002 and 2003 model year IS brochures, with their "skyscrapers-on-a-video-camera-viewfinder" cover, are another instance of shared covers over 2 model years.

BTW, going back to the '06 brochure, it led me to write one of my favorite, yet most agonizingly research-intensive and most underappreciated (except by site founder Tony, who called it a tour de force) Front Page articles ever: http://my.is/forums/f42/2006-u-s-lexus-brochure-travelogue-through-germany-303722/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I actually came across your article yesterday when I was searching for the 2006 brochure, but after a few seconds of skimming I moved on. Now I am reading it again and it seems interesting... but without the 2006 brochure to view it is not very relevant. :)

Do you have a copy of the 2006 brochure? The Lexus brochure collection that was loaned to me is absent of ANY 2006 issues... I think it was because that year the dealership was going through construction and the collection was boxed up.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Do you have a copy of the 2006 brochure?
Yes, I do. I'm staring at it right now. I'm anticipating that next week, I should have a chance to learn to use the scanner at work and how to forward the scanned files. Trust me, that 2006 IS brochure will be the first one I'll work with.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
I actually came across your article yesterday when I was searching for the 2006 brochure, but after a few seconds of skimming I moved on. Now I am reading it again and it seems interesting... but without the 2006 brochure to view it is not very relevant. :)
The pictures that appear with the article are the same pictures that appear in the brochure, and I deliberately placed each picture next to the page it appears on in the actual brochure.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The pictures that appear with the article are the same pictures that appear in the brochure, and I deliberately placed each picture next to the page it appears on in the actual brochure.
Yeah, but I figured there was more to the brochure than just the pics. I'll read the article in a few minutes, that will probably answer my questions anyway!

Gilky115: Talk to a bodyshop, they will be able to order or mix the paint for you. At the very least they will point you in the direction of the nearest paint shop -- although you usually have to have a wholesale account to buy from those.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Just got word that all 2008 colors will carry over to 2009 for both the IS and IS-F.
Wow! I can't believe the mixed signals that Lexus is sending out. The PDF Dealer Letter linked from this post:
http://my.is/forums/5529425-post1.html
clearly states that "two new exterior colors will be adopted (Amber Pearl replaces Golden Almond Metallic and Truffle Mica replaces Desert Sage Metallic)", yet the Lexus USA website indeed shows the same colors for 2009 as for 2008.

Time to do some investigating, I guess.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Wow! I can't believe the mixed signals that Lexus is sending out. The PDF Dealer Letter linked from this post:
http://my.is/forums/5529425-post1.html
clearly states that "two new exterior colors will be adopted (Amber Pearl replaces Golden Almond Metallic and Truffle Mica replaces Desert Sage Metallic)", yet the Lexus USA website indeed shows the same colors for 2009 as for 2008.

Time to do some investigating, I guess.
I just noticed a disclaimer footnote that reads "[3]2008 model and colors shown" on the Lexus USA website when, from the Lexus IS page:
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/?s_ocid=AllModels_IS_Display_Info
you click on the PHOTO GALLERY link at the top of the left column sidebar, then click on the "Colors" link (second from the left in the horizontal bar above the images).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Paint code for stock graphite painted wheels

Does anyone have the paint code for the stock graphite wheels that came on Black Onyx IS300s? I have some SSR GT1 wheels I am getting repaired and painted and want to know what the paint code of my stock wheels are to get the SSRs painted the same color as stock. Thanks

21 - 40 of 78 Posts