Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here's my choice. i'm having trouble deciding between millenium silver and graphite. i like both colors so i think it's going to come down to the one that is easier to care for. has anyone out there had any bad experiences with caring for either one? which one is easier to keep up?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can say from experience, Silver hides all. Unlike most on this board, I don't wash and wax our IS every 3 hours, and the Silver paint lets me get away with washing it only once a week. Even then, it's hard to tell.

This is not to knock Graphite. I love the that color too, and I would bet it does well hiding the dirt also.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's exactly what i'm thinking. what really runed me agains the graphite was the auto show. there was a beautiful bmw on the floor in a color very similar to graphite. and even though these auto show carss are pampered and constantly cleaned, you could see swirls on the surface.

·
8,880 Posts
Yes, silver is a lot easier to care for. We have 2 cars in the garage: silver and graphite. Silver was not washed since fall and it doesn't look too bad. You can see even a little amount of dirt on graphite right away. And those paint chips... They drive me crazy.

But, I do still love graphite. I think it looks real good on this car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i decided today....i sold my honda at 2:00 and by 3:30 i was in the dealership signing the paperwork. i picked the millenium silver IS w/ leather and LSD. looks like the car is coming out to 30,333. i'm going to add a slight window tint also, at dealer cost should run me around $295. i can't wait to get my hands on the car!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats.

When it comes to cleaning/maintence. I think the Silver is better than the GGP. I have the GGP and I hand wash my car weekly or more. Still Dirt seems to show up very easily. Also I had some scratch and chips on the front hood and it stand out.

Anyway, but I still love the GGP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts