Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question, but...
Just saw my car after being worked on at the dealer. The hood was being repainted, then XPEL "type" thing applied (I think there version is called invisi-shield)

I was under the impression that the hood would look flawless, but there are still SEVERAL imperfections near the front of it. All the little divots are still there, it's just the paint is no longer chipped. Almost like it was just touched up??
Kinda' pissing me off since they put the invisi-shield over it. Looks very unprofessional IMO.
If they had repainted the entire hood, wouldn't those little marks be covered? I plan on going to the dealer tomorrow and don't want to look like a complete idiot.

Thanks for the input.
-Bryan

~1K

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Yeah, sounds like they just dabbed some paint in the chips.

I suppose it depends on what you communcated to them and what they told you they were going to do. A complete hood repaint is going to involve sanding and prep work, etc and would probably cost a couple of hundred dollars.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bartkat said:
Yeah, sounds like they just dabbed some paint in the chips.

I suppose it depends on what you communcated to them and what they told you they were going to do. A complete hood repaint is going to involve sanding and prep work, etc and would probably cost a couple of hundred dollars.
I think the estimate was somewhere around $400 or so?? I can't remember, but it was a lot - and i was told the "entire hood would be repainted."
At a previous service, the dealer put a nasty dent in the hood, so they promised to repaint the entire thing...(hence why I waited for the invisi-shield!)

Ok - so I'm not crazy then? it really looks like a bunch of touchups...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts