Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyotatech,
In the attached thread you say you thought that the auto headlights were adjustable.

I asked my dealer to make the auto headlight function more sensitive to light so that the headlights come on during a rainstorm (currently they do not).

The technician at the dealer wrote on the work order, "Auto headlights cannot be adjusted."

Do you or any other members know if this is accurate information?

http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum1/HTML/001501.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
My salesperson photocopied the several pages of adjustable options for the GS series for me. They include not only the sensitivity of the AUTO on/off but the time delay before the lights turn on/off once the AUTO crosses that threshold. I had my sensitivity adjusted one step more at my 1,000 checkup without complaint or pushback from the Lexus Carlsbad service people. My headlight AUTO-on sensitivity is *definitely* greater than before, so your mechanics are misinformed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
TT,

I see you're back on the board, any thoughts?
Sorry CC, I dont' remember you "paging" me a while back. Guess I missed it.

Anyway, I do know that you can adjust the sensitivity of the Auto-On headlamps on certain Toyotas, and I would expect the IS to be included. Sorry I can't say for sure.

My suggestion would be to call another Lexus dealer to verify if the IS includes this feature.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by mkaufman:
My salesperson photocopied the several pages of adjustable options for the GS series for me. They include not only the sensitivity of the AUTO on/off but the time delay before the lights turn on/off once the AUTO crosses that threshold. I had my sensitivity adjusted one step more at my 1,000 checkup without complaint or pushback from the Lexus Carlsbad service people. My headlight AUTO-on sensitivity is *definitely* greater than before, so your mechanics are misinformed.
M,
Thanks - I figured I was dealing with an idiot. I'm not enthralled with the service dept of the dealer where I bought my car so I will try a closer dealer anyway.

You mention the GS series documentation - does all of that apply to the IS?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts