Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flipping through Crutchfield catalog then, I saw a paging system for 130 dollars. The system works with the factory alarm, such as if unauthorized person opens the door, the trunk, and the hood. I was wondering does anyone else has a similar system? I heard alpine, and some other aftermarkets have them.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was looking for one of those as well, when I'm away from my car .. while I'm in a store or such you have no idea when someone is going to screw with your car. If you get it, let me know how it goes ..

thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's a thought for you. I inquired about one at a local stereo shop several years back and the store owner told me a little story. He had put a paging system in a friends car. The friend was in N.Y.C. when his paging alarm went off. The guy runs out to check on his car and the dude breaking into his car pulls out a gun and shoots the guy in the face and kills him. So if you do install one think about what you would reallly do in such a situation or what you would be prepared to do. It's only a car and can be replaced, but it is not worth losing your life.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by DanR:
Here's a thought for you. I inquired about one at a local stereo shop several years back and the store owner told me a little story. He had put a paging system in a friends car. The friend was in N.Y.C. when his paging alarm went off. The guy runs out to check on his car and the dude breaking into his car pulls out a gun and shoots the guy in the face and kills him. So if you do install one think about what you would reallly do in such a situation or what you would be prepared to do. It's only a car and can be replaced, but it is not worth losing your life.
I dont know about you but I catch someone messin with my baby they better have a gun b/c if not there in for a serious beating!!
And I think that is b/s anyway. You come out and someones messin w/ your shi% there just gonna run 9 out of 10 times, but maybe that one time is you and you get blasted right, b/s. The pager thing is a good idea...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've heard that story too. Whether it is true or b/s it is something to think about.

I wouldn't mind having one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My room mate bought an aftermarket paging system that added on to his firebird's stock alarm and it works nice. I forgot the brand or model but it's smaller than any pager and it has a nice LCD display w/clock and shows what's being triggered. (ie. if someone open the door, just vibration, car's being started, trunk opening, etc.) I remember he paid about $150-175 uninstalled.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This concept of a paging alarm is great, however I can't imagine wanting to carry around a 2nd pager. If it works with existing pagers, then that's great.

As it is, I already have enough "junk" to carry around -- a pager, a cell phone, a Palm Vx, assorted keys on 2 different key chains (I keep the Lexus Key on it's own key chain), a Leatherman Wave, and my wallet.

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: soulstalker ]

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
soulstalker:
Check out my pictures that you can find in my signature. Look at the Compustar remote picture. It attaches to your key chain and is about the size of the Lexus key.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Originally posted by lisnup65:
soulstalker:
Check out my pictures that you can find in my signature. Look at the Compustar remote picture. It attaches to your key chain and is about the size of the Lexus key.

Hey, I really like your neon lights on the pedals .. I bet it gives it a cool look at night.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey lisnup65, could you give me some info on the compustar? Where did you get it? How much did you pay for it? Where did you have it installed? How much did that cost? Hope I'm not bothering you too much. Thanks

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I had one of those on my Rx7 when I was in high school.

When people found out about it they would (intentionally) bump against my car while I was in class so that I had the embarassment of having to excuse myself to go check on my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts