Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an automatic (bring on the auto jokes lol). was eventually going to replace the steering wheel and use a nrg hub. obviously if i take the wheel off, i lose my sport shift. has anyone put an after market wheel on their automatic and used paddle shifters. if so, how did you wire it up? id like to use them if possible. thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think I used the e-shift once... when I first bought the car... I think they are pretty useless unless you've got the valve upgrade and a standalone.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i bet the e shift would be a LOT more fun if the car came with 4-500 whp stock.... but then again, so would the manual haha

·
Technical Poseur
23,314 Posts
People have done this, Its not all that difficult. IF I ever had an automatic IS the first thing I would do would be to rewire the stock buttons so the left buttons (front or back) is ALWAYS down and the right is always up. That has always annoyed the piss out of me.

I'm trying to find the thread where the dude first did it. It was pretty clean looking. I'll report back when I find it.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
My cars around 400 rwhp and is auto with VB upgrades and trans cooler and its pretty fun to drive but theres something about pushing clutch and shifting manual gears that makes me happy ever now and then ....its a shame that our stock auto trans is hands down way better then out manual trans option should of came with a v160:)....

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

- Nardi Deep Corn Steering Wheel
- Works Bell Nightpager Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifters

red stitching on the wheel matches the stitching on my seats

Left is downshift and right is upshift, or vice versa

·
Registered
11 Posts

- Nardi Deep Corn Steering Wheel
- Works Bell Nightpager Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifters

red stitching on the wheel matches the stitching on my seats

Left is downshift and right is upshift, or vice versa
Nice car!
I thought that if you take out the stock head unit, it makes the stock navi not work? I want to get a double din like that too.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Thanks. I bought the harness from beat-sonic that allows me to use both.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought my SX, so it's obviously got the automatic.

The "paddle" shift is fun for the first hour you own the car, in my opinion, after that it's "Hey my car has paddle shift that I won't use."

To each his own, but that's just my opinion.

Every car on earth has them now. My friend has a loaner base model 2012 Camry and it has a "slap stick" type of thing.

Awesome for cars that race though, but for the average Joe, kind of useless. But, like I said, it's just my two cents.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The paddles on our cars would be cool if they let you do anything, but all you can do is suggest the computer has such a mind of its own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an automatic (bring on the auto jokes lol). was eventually going to replace the steering wheel and use a nrg hub. obviously if i take the wheel off, i lose my sport shift. has anyone put an after market wheel on their automatic and used paddle shifters. if so, how did you wire it up? id like to use them if possible. thanks.
Here is a like to a video of someone using FRS paddles and stock cruise control with a Grant Steering Wheel. Hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts