Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished replacing head gasket, valve job, arp head studs, adjustable exhaust cam (still at 0), and BC 264s. Fired right up after the job, but has had a little bit of a rough idle. I've now run it over 30 minutes on three separate runs and the check engine came on with p300 plus 303-306. That said, my secondary ignition looked like crap putting it back on (coils, wires, and plugs), and all the clips were broken. What are the chances it's just secondary ignition? What's interesting is that cylinders 1 and 2 didn't seem to show codes at that time.

·
3,085 Posts
It happens. I had one that lost just half of the output. So only one cylinder would fire out of two. I would do the connectors and do a fresh set of coils.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thank you. I'm going with new plugs, wires, coils, and connectors. It all looked to be in rough shape.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing I maybe wasn't clear about is that the misfires are coming from cylinders 3-6. Only 1 and 2 seen to be ok. That change your thing at all?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
532 Posts
Cylinder 3 and 6 use two different coil packs. It’s best to just change all connectors and coil packs as Solar said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts