Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I have a 2003 IS300 with a little over 180,000 miles on it. I got a P2102 code today and am not getting any throttle response unless I actually press the accelerator further down. What should I be looking for to fix this problem?

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
When's the last time you cleaned your throttle body? I would do a full cleaning of the TB if it's been awhile. It could simply be dirty and the throttle plate is not moving when the throttle control motor turns it.

P2102 Toyota - Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low

Possible causes
- Dirty throttle body
- Open in throttle actuator circuit
- Throttle actuator
- ECM

P2102 Toyota Description
The throttle actuator is operated by the ECM and it opens and closes the throttle valve. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. The throttle position sensor provides feedback to the ECM. This feedback allows the ECM to control the throttle actuator and monitor the throttle opening angle in response to driver inputs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I finally got around to cleaning the throttle body today and after putting everything back together, I still received the P2102 code. I checked the throttle actuator control motor and am now getting the following codes: P0121, P0122, P0222, P2102, P2135 and 2138. I'm really frustrated right now and not looking forward to having to take my car to the dealership (unfortunately, I don't have a mechanic I can trust). What should I do now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay, I finally got around to cleaning the throttle body today and after putting everything back together, I still received the P2102 code. I checked the throttle actuator control motor and am now getting the following codes: P0121, P0122, P0222, P2102, P2135 and 2138. I'm really frustrated right now and not looking forward to having to take my car to the dealership (unfortunately, I don't have a mechanic I can trust). What should I do now?
Have you fixed the problem? Having same problem as of now. Really need help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts