Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a p1349 vvti bank 1 code I replaced the ocv and the screen and eraser code and cel still pops up with flashing ‘trac’ light. I bought a cheap aftermarket valve wondering if that’s it so I just ordered an oem used part online should be here in a couple days. Oil change isn’t for another 2000 miles (I do every 4K) and oil level is good. Any other tips or things that I can check for that would set this code? 2002 is 300 215k

Thnks!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Have a p1349 vvti bank 1 code I replaced the ocv and the screen and eraser code and cel still pops up with flashing ‘trac’ light. I bought a cheap aftermarket valve wondering if that’s it so I just ordered an oem used part online should be here in a couple days. Oil change isn’t for another 2000 miles (I do every 4K) and oil level is good. Any other tips or things that I can check for that would set this code? 2002 is 300 215k

Thnks!
Do you hear it click if you power it by hand with the battery and some wires? If so, Your gear may not be working correctly. Or the timing belt is real loose. Also could be connector or wiring break in the harness.

I have used cheap to OEM and they work. It usually is a matter of how long.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean by powering it? Using a voltmeter? The timing belt is good only s couple years old. ‘Gear might not be working? Do you mean the transmission shifting? I changed out the tranny fluid a couple months ago (drain and fill) could that be it? Also the connector that connects the wiring to the OCV stays on but the snap lock broke but it still holds on and I put a dab of high temp silicone to keep it from moving

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I pulled a used oem part from the junkyard, installed it and now it’s good. So the aftermarket part didn’t work I guess or onboard computer didn’t like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couple days later now with replaced part and flashing trac and code is back! :/

Not sure if related but I do get some hesitation when accelerating and an occasional misfire where it sounds like coming from drivers front tire, thought maybe injectors need a cleaning, any and all help appreciated. I’m gonna maybe do a fresh oil change see if that helps (even tho I don’t even have 3k on the oil in there)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please disregard previous post it’s actyally a p0305 cylinder 5 misfire detected code any ideas? Thnks everyone

·
Registered
693 Posts
New oil wont fix anything, its a maintenance item not a new part ;)

Misfires are going to be electrical related, plugs, coil, igniter, connectors and wiring. Check all those first.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did new plugs, wires, coil packs about 2 yrs ago, should I swap out the igniter? How about some Lucas fuel system cleaner in a half tank of gas?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should I test coil packs and replace plug wires? Pretty sure plugs are good as they are oem with less than 20k on them

·
Registered
693 Posts
OEM copper or OEM platinum plugs? Copper can be burnt out earlier than that depending on the car.

I would be checking the coil pack especially if it werent OEM (or was secondhand).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: I bought some Lucas fuel cleaner deep clean dumped it in s half tank of gas and a mile later code gone and car runs smooth must’ve been a dirty injector?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem after changing my harmonic balancer. Your time may be off by a couple teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts