Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is all kind of confusing to me since I am very new to EVERYTHING having to do with a standalone, even a turo system for that matter. However, I have been trying my hardest to research. Ive read the thread over and over about the p1300 code being defeated.
Luckily, I have a good friend that is a lot more knowlegeable than me that helps me with the IS cause i realized im still such a newbie
But, I wanted to just go ahead and throw this out here and get suggestions..
My car is sputtering and joilting upon acceleration. It is also doing a very rough idle. Sometimes idling so low and rough that it cuts off.
The car normally idles low at around 600-700 anyways.
Its throwing a p1300 code, ignition/random misfire (along with 4 02 sensor codes- 0135,0161,0141,0155).
Now the other day, the car would not start for the world. Just wouldnt do it. Then about 3.5 hrs later after it got completely cold. Then it would start.
But..the sputtering/joilitng problem nearly goes away after the car gets really warm.
This is a huge challenge to me, but Im bound to get it all worked out..eventually.
I heard coil packs rarely go out. We are tearing the car down this weekend. So I'll know more then. I have iridium plugs that were just changed. And i know for sure that 2 of the plug wires are good, couldnt get to the third one without tearing it down.
This is the first issue ive ever had with my car.
Oh and my gas gauge is definitely off. I usually fill up when it gets down to about 1/4 tank. But this is the last of my worries.
Still builds boost fine, no smoke from exhaust.
Something I did do is wash my engine bay out .. but then again moisture in the plugs would probably have evaporated by now if that was a problem?
Other suggestions have been to check the MAP Sensor / the TPS and the Idle Air Valve..

Definitely a learning experience!

TE AEM standalone

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
how many miles are on the car since the turbo was installed, i wonder if the uego sensor is bad - they tend to go every 20k miles so i hear - or are you using an external controller like me?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive put about 20k miles on my car since the turbo. I have an AEM wideband..
my A/F looks normal for my car. I run anywhere from low 11s to low 13s.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
so it says ;)

are you using the AEM EMS's internal controller for the wideband? 11's-13's id pretty rich - it should run ok, not to much sputtering, but it's rich for jsut cruising around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts