Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus Is300
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum but already have something to discuss. Recently picked up a 2002 is300 manual with a p1121 code on the car. I thought it would be an easy fix as I had a full throttle body off of my last is300 that I unfortunately wrecked laying around. So I install it immediately and nothing. The code is still on the car. I clear it and immediately rescan to see it show up right away. It is a known good throttle body so I start inspecting the wires. Come to find out information for the apps connector is stupid hard to track down. I find a couple forums with diagrams and wire color codes. My wires aren't the colors I see other people have. I did a resistance test on the sensor and see vg1 around 1.3k ohms and vg2 around 1.4k ohms. Unplug the sensor to verify that other codes come along and sure enough they do but when I reattach the connector they vanish and one stays, p1121. Should I just buy another assembly? Or the sensor its self? Would love some insight to this as all the information I've been able to gather is really patchy. Thanks for reading

·
3,881 Posts
Just buy the APP sensor new. If the connector is in good shape and the wires are in tight. It is the sensor..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts