Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

Problem: A week ago I replaced the plugs, plug wires, coil packs, and valve cover gaskets on my 2004 IS300, and now I've got P0441 and P0446.

Observations: Of course I had to remove the throttle body and several vacuum hoses to do that job. In the process I replaced a couple of cracked, brittle hoses with non-OEM ones from Autozone. I've looked all over and don't see any hoses that I forgot to re-connect and I don't see any hoses that are pinched or anything.

I also accidentally pulled apart the fuel pressure VSV. (At least I think that's what it's called. It's the little green/grey/gold valve on the back of the throttle body, part #90910-12243.) It didn't break. The green part just came loose from the four metal clamps holding it down. I put the two pieces back together and tightened down the metal clamps. But I'm worried that I may have permanently damaged the part. Would that part failing cause P0441 and P0446?

By the way, car drives fine...no problems there. I did notice there were a few times afterward when the car didn't want to start as effortlessly as it normally does. It took a few cranks. Basically I just need to get these codes cleared before my upcoming state inspection.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yesterday was the warmest day we've had in a while (80 degrees). My car sat in the sun for several hours while I was at work. When I went to start it, it took 3 or 4 tries to get ignition. That never used to happen before I did this job. The car always started the first try. Isn't "trouble starting when warm/hot" a potential symptom of that fuel pressure VSV failing? Doesn't that valve do something to allow the car to start better when it's warm/hot?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts