Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my IS has the infamous p0420 cel code. I took it to my local shop that i get most of my work done and they told that the cat in bank 1 is in fact going bad and quoted me a price to fix it. My question is whether i should have them replace the cat with another oem cat or if i should look into doing something aftermarket. I you guys think i should go aftermarket what brands should i look into? and also if i do go aftermarket i would still like to be able to pass emissions...any help and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
If you go OEM, you will pass emissions. But you could probably pass emission on an Aftermarket cat as well. As long as your o2 sensors dont read higher than normal, you should be good. The only flaw about aftermarket cats on a stock header, is that the stock cats are longer than the most aftermarket cats out there.

I would just stick with OEM cats, unless you plan on modding your exhaust. I suggest magnaflow as a good cat

·
Registered
565 Posts
Which catalytic converter is the one in Bank 1? Drivers side or passenger? Let me know. My brother has a GS400 and he has the same code.

Ok so my IS has the infamous p0420 cel code. I took it to my local shop that i get most of my work done and they told that the cat in bank 1 is in fact going bad and quoted me a price to fix it. My question is whether i should have them replace the cat with another oem cat or if i should look into doing something aftermarket. I you guys think i should go aftermarket what brands should i look into? and also if i do go aftermarket i would still like to be able to pass emissions...any help and thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.