Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a random cylinder misfire, but we just did an engine swap on it (still 2jzge) and it's having trouble idling. My question is could it be something as simple as as the header with these motors? It sounds like there's no header on it, which makes me believe it's not any good. However, I have another, but would replacing it have anything to do with the p0300?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to be clear I've done a full service to it, so it has ngk plugs and new wires.
Check your connections to the plugs and coils. Then check your MAF and ignitor. Also make sure you did not leave a vacuum line loose.
It can be your o2’s. This happens to mine once I swapped headers. There was a leak causing a misfire code. I replaced the o’2. Nothing happened but it ran fine with the exhaust disconnected. So I put the oem headers back on and it fixed the issue. I found out that it wasn’t sealing right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to be clear I've done a full service to it, so it has ngk plugs and new wires.
Check your connections to the plugs and coils. Then check your MAF and ignitor. Also make sure you did not leave a vacuum line loose.
It can be your o2’s. This happens to mine once I swapped headers. There was a leak causing a misfire code. I replaced the o’2. Nothing happened but it ran fine with the exhaust disconnected. So I put the oem headers back on and it fixed the issue. I found out that it wasn’t sealing right.
It ended up being that the header wasn't tightened enough, we just used a pole and cranked them down as hard as possible.
As for the idling, there is a little bolt on the side of the intake that was missing on the new motor causing a large vacuum leak. It runs great now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts