Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Gentlemen.

I've just changed my o2bank2 sensor and my check engine light left me for about 30 seconds.

I followed the instructions to the letter in this here DIY http://my.is/forums/f115/diy-p0161-o2-sensor-b2-s2-change-pics-263613/

Is there anything else I should check/change before I just say screw this and take it to a mechanic?

I keep reading about faulty circuits on google so I thinking maybe something within the fuse box I should be changing?

Much obliged,

Ray
aka
Rubedo

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I checked the code and it is the same exact code.

p0161, ....

Yep, just checked again to make sure.

This one is confusing me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Look at the Tutorial: Srt Intake Install thread and you will see the ecu in the engine bay with the top on and off. It's just behind the driver's side headlight. Pop the top and you'll see the gaggle of wires.

I believe the free fix thread has some insight into doing same thing on the 01. Do a little research on the code here on the forums and you'll get it taken care of before you know it.:p

·
Registered
444 Posts
That code is for the heater circuit, so it shouldn't have any bearing on your mpg. I did this fix over 2.5 years ago and I get over 350 miles per tank with spirited driving, generally averaging 90-100 miles per quarter tank.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That code is for the heater circuit, so it shouldn't have any bearing on your mpg. I did this fix over 2.5 years ago and I get over 350 miles per tank with spirited driving, generally averaging 90-100 miles per quarter tank.
Damn I guess it's about time I get an engine Tune-up lol

I'll search the forums on how to change my sparks next, lol:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.