Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have the check engine light on, on my 2003 Lexus is300.
the code appears to show that it is A Camshaft Actuator Sensor. I am new to this car and am still finding my way around it. Does anyone know how to fix this baby, as well as maybe help me point out the sensor in the engine. I’d really love to get the dash nice and clean from the check engine light, so if you have any tips or helpful advice, please feel free to reply! Will also appreciate links to any sort of help or parts I’ll need for the fix! Thank you and stay safe!

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
997 Posts
That is the VVTi solenoid that is located on the right side (looking at the engine) of the cylinder head. It is literally to the right of the “I” in VVT-I that hump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the VVTi solenoid that is located on the right side (looking at the engine) of the cylinder head. It is literally to the right of the “I” in VVT-I that hump.
I was seeing videos, and people have either said it could be the filter within the solenoid or the camshaft position sensor, so I’m just a lost puppy lol, but once I locate it, should I replace it or do what the guys in the video do and clean the filter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What code number are you getting and what is it running like?
It’s code P0010, and honestly the car runs fine, I bought it from some guy in Tennessee and drove it 4hours back home, no issues. I ordered another oBd2 scanner because my old one is somewhere idk lol but yeah I’m going to recheck everything, but as far as I know, it’s the P0010, and he said it was the Camshaft Actuator Sensor. Which I have no idea what that is or even it that really is the problem. Done research where people do different things to solve it and I’m just trying to get this engine code fixed so I can pass emissions and register the car :(

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Does it still rev and go into vvti?

Other potential causes are:
  • Dirty Oil
  • Faulty variable valve timing (VVT)
  • Variable Valve Timing (VVT) circuit is open or shorted
  • Oil Control Valve (OCV) circuit is open or shorted
  • Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
  • Damaged ECM
OCV could be worth a check as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! I have the check engine light on, on my 2003 Lexus is300.
the code appears to show that it is A Camshaft Actuator Sensor. I am new to this car and am still finding my way around it. Does anyone know how to fix this baby, as well as maybe help me point out the sensor in the engine. I’d really love to get the dash nice and clean from the check engine light, so if you have any tips or helpful advice, please feel free to reply! Will also appreciate links to any sort of help or parts I’ll need for the fix! Thank you and stay safe!
The cam sensor is at the front right of cam if you are facing the engine. You can try cleaning the screen and reinstall . If not it is easy to replace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure the connector is good on the VVTi solenoid. Otherwise replace the screen an solenoid.
Just replaced the solenoid because it broke trying to take it out, and I also cleaned the filter.
i also got another light that same day I check which was the O2 sensors. Did all that today. So now I’ll drive and see if it comes back :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts