Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been discussed but...
has anyone recently brought there IS to the dealer to get their rotors replaced..was it covered under warentee
Mine look like AZZ..with all the rust

thx in advance

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
No, but mine are rusting. I'm about to paint them myself. Its not worth the trouble of me dropping off the car and possibly having them abuse/damage it while its there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I had my dealer send them out and paint them. They look great now! My car is an MSM and they were painted silver. I just got the Caliper stickers from flatline today and put them on. they look pretty good. I'll post pix pretty soon!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
no man .... it will not be covered under the warranty. I asked them a while back and they said its just like tires, normal wear and tear is caused by us so therefore, you have to resurface them or get some new ones. I will probably go with some Bradi crossdrilled rotors with some Axxis brake pads.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
My dealership painted the rotor hubs flat black during my 30K service for free. Granted that I paid a buttload for the 30K service.

I don't think they will replace them for aesthetic issues, maybe for functionality, but not because it "looks" bad.

-crontab -l

1 - 7 of 7 Posts