Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Card, he must be sleeping over there.

On the topic of the owners forum, How would the lock it to just owners? Anyone can get a valid vin just walking onto the lot.

The only way would be to send in your contract and have webmaster set up your account for you.

Any ideas.

I say let this general forum be a free for all. We are having fun. It kicks!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I haven't figured out to let people post yet. I'm working on it. TEG can post because he's a moderator.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by DYSFUNCTIONAL:
hahaha, i was just in the owners forum and couldnt post replies...

maybe im not reading something,...

-coconut
UH what owner's forum are you in? Surely not the IS300 owner, maybe the IS200?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Card, he must be sleeping over there.

On the topic of the owners forum, How would the lock it to just owners? Anyone can get a valid vin just walking onto the lot.

The only way would be to send in your contract and have webmaster set up your account for you.

Any ideas.

I've got it! In order to qualify for the owners forum you have to slam your finger in the door of your IS. Then have a biopsy done on the amputed finger to see if the color matches - for example - "yes, there is millenium silver on that pinkie. Let him in."

Seriously, like video games - you would need to enter the 27th word on page 56 of the owner's manual. Unless some a$$hole wants to order a $20 owners manual they're locked out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Holy crap cardman we are miffed. There is an IS300 owners forum. Webmaster has to figure out how to get on.

Webmaster, I say let us send you our contract to prove ownership and you can email us our password.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey I like cards idea. I could be a rolling security, like ever couple of weeks you are required to answer a new question to continue with your membership. That way if you sell your car you are out! Ah democracy at its best!

·
Registered
162 Posts
What about TEG's idea of just having more freedom to delete and/or lock out unrelated posts? That should be enough to get it started until Tony comes up with a practical solution.

Any thoughts? TEG, will you still be reading the posts in the General Discussion? You may remember that I'm a "soon-to-be" owner, and I don't want to be left in the dark. I still get a lot of good information from you guys.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Ok, I like the word from the manual idea. That will be the forum password. We'll change it every so often with the "question" in the forum notices area. I have to go get my manual out though to start.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
162 Posts
Doh!!!! another double post!!! Damn that "back" button!!!

To make it official, ISFAN, I heard that yours came with a chrome shift knob. . . cool. . .

(Sorry TEG, could you please delete this?? I promise never to use "back" again
)

[This message has been edited by Almost There (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Ha kota, LOL

Maybe you can D/L the crack and just bypass the whole thing.

Too bad Lexus didn't ship the IS300 with an IS300 CD. Then we could check to make sure you had it in the drive when you tried to post

Anyways - the IS300 Owners forum is here on this site, but webmaster isn't giving out the password yet. I bet he starts letting people in tomorrow or wednesday...

I plan to be on both forums for a while, but may focus on getting the owners forum going, and may start to phase out my involvement in the general forum.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Ok, check the announcements in the IS300 Owner's Forum for the password. (Announcements are shown at the top left of the specific forum page.)

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by webmaster:
Ok, check the announcements in the IS300 Owner's Forum for the password. (Announcements are shown at the top left of the specific forum page.)
It worked! I put up the first post over there and I must say, it is *very* thought provoking.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Way to alienate your fellow Lexus lovers...... There will be no one left!!!! Last one out take the rice off the stove!

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL if you actually create an owner's forum this place is gonna get reeeal ugly with all the trolls!

But I think you guys should do it. There are too many topics here that don't even relate to the IS, and that's just bad... you want to know about your cars, not the CL-S, not the 3-series etc.

Good luck, if you need any help with UBB I'll be glad to help - I've hacked UBB upside down

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussions regarding the CL-S and 3-Series are NOT off-topic. They are very relevant. I think that topics regarding cell phones and GPA's are a little off topic, even though I may be moved to participate.

The Owner's Forum was not designed to alienate, everyone can read it just like this forum.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
DMX
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing